Tonight’s performance of Southern Exposure has been postponed due to rain and rescheduled for Sunday, October 18, with two shows at 3 pm and 7 pm. Tickets for Saturday’s performance, or any other unused tickets, will be honored at either Sunday performance.
A Walden Town Forum will be held at 5:00pm on Tuesday October 6 (Wednesday October 7 rain date.) Both candidates for mayor and all three candidates for aldermen are participating. The event will be held on the front porch of the McCoy Farm and Gardens with spectators masked and seated within social distanced guidelines on the lawn in front. You may enter at 1604 Taft Highway (marked by the McCoy sign) and park in the horse ring parking lot.
Chairs will be provided. Please wear your mask. The event should last about 1-1/2 hours. The format is:
After a two -minute introduction by each candidate, the following questions will be asked:
- Will you commit to keeping the minimum residential lot area of 2 acres?
- What is your vision for the Bachman Community Center, Pumpkin Patch, and McCoy Farm & Gardens?
- What is your view of the Lines Orchids project?
- With the Hall tax going away, how do you think the town should respond?
- What do you see as the primary challenges for Walden, and what are your goals for Walden in the next 5-10 years?
Audience questions will be collected on 3×5 cards. Deborah Arfken, the moderator, will select questions as time permits.
Candidates will then make closing remarks within a two minutes time frame.
The event will be recorded and posted on Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. Feel free to forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org